• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2010
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

My husband and I have taken 18 cruises aboard Princess, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and NCL ships, to the Caribbean, Alaska, the Baltic,as well as the Mediterranean from the Canary Islands to Egypt. So we are experienced cruisers. On 17 ships we ate most of our dinners in the main dining rooms and enjoyed them. On the Radiance, we ate there the first two nights, were appalled, and never ate there again. My steak was so tough as to be inedible. My chicken was a hard plank that showed no signs of being meat. My husband's tenderloin was so thin as to be nearly transparent. He described his other entree as "ok." The food in the Windjammer was acceptable. It was like any other buffet you would find. I did note that approximately 1/3 of the food was cold, however. Cold gravy. Cold spaghetti sauce. Cold potatoes. etc. Don't ask me why. With such traffic, how could it be cold? One night they had make-you-own kebabs. My husband waited thirty minutes for his and it was "still on the grill."

Let's move on to entertainment. The Piano Man show was excellent, and we had a reasonably funny comic and another good production show. But jugglers? Please. Haven't we moved past jugglers? Still-- I had no real idea of what entertainment was being offered on board. We apparently missed out on the real fun shown on the last night's showing of the cruise DVD. There were drunks dancing. Drunks playing some game called Quest that apparently involved them slithering on the floor like snakes. There was a group of old women around the pool with men standing before them performing what looked like lap dances between their legs. And, best of all, drunks dancing (again), bare chested, wearing brassieres pillaged from somewhere. A whole conga line of them. As we were watching all this, amazed, I heard a woman behind me say, also amazed, "Were these taken on THIS cruise??"

This is a very different Royal Caribbean than the one we sailed on five or six years ago. Not only was there no lobster; there was no class. Did we accidentally board a Carnival ship?

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

Room 9234 was spacious as far as balcony cabins go. Very small balcony. Two chairs barely fit. I like the curtain you can pull across to let someone sleep while you read, etc. Hanging space ok. Cubby space, just ok. Shower poorly designed. There was always water on the floor no matter what I did.

previous reviewnext review