3. Crown Princess
Just returned from our 7 day cruise on the Crown Princess. As with most vacations, there were great memories and some ok memories. However, the great experiences outweighed the ok ones. Great memories: 1. Alchohol: We asked the taxi driver to stop at a liquor store en-route from the airport to the ship. We purchased four bottles of wine to take on board with us. We carried on two and placed two in our luggage and got them onto the ship with no problems. Also, ship had "happy hour" drink prices from 8-12 p.m. for well drinks, some beer choices and a few specialty drinks. 2. Embarkation: We arrived mid-morning to the port and were prepared to sit outside until 1pm to board the ship when a staff member came by announcing that anyone wishing to enter the ship should go inside. So, we went in, passed their security check point and then received a card telling us which group we were in for boarding. We were in group 1 so boarded around 11:30 am. 3. Service: I thought we had an attentive and personable room steward. He brought us wine glasses for our wine and kept our room tidy. We met some very courteous and friendly bartenders and servers as well. Our waiters and waitresses were all very efficient. 4. Dining: Loved the anytime dining arrangement. We sometimes made reservations and we sometimes just showed up. We ate at larger tables so met other cruisers too. We ate our breakfasts and lunches in the Horizon Court. 5. Excursions: Loved our day at the Santee Wellness Center on Roatan. Booked this independently of the ship. Had a soak in their hot tub which was right on the water's edge, had a deep-tissue massage and relaxed and read on their lounge chairs. Only saw one other couple. Enjoyed the personalized service and quiet time away from the crowds on the ship. The half day city tour of Grand Cayman was good too. Left us with time to catch a drink at Margaritaville before returning to the ship. Loved the beach stop on the Tulum and beach tour on cozumel with the white sand, mattresses and chairs to relax on with the shade of palm trees. 6. Entertainment: was entertaining! OK experiences: 1. Food choices: Wish they would have had some asian dishes...some stir-fry veggies and noodles with chicken, or some specialty salads like bbq chopped chicken salad, Chinese chicken salad and cobb salads. 2. My mattress had seen many a cruises...There was a soft indent where many a body has laid before me. 3. Ports: I thought Princess Cay was crowded, food was ok, and the overall experience was not relaxing at all. Maybe a clamshell or bungalow would have been a much better experience. Also, I could have done without the shopping stop on the Tulum tour and beach day excursion, (but our guide was great). 4. I was disappointed to see that passengers would place their dirty dishes and cups anywhere on the ship...hallways after room service, on the ashtrays by the elevators. I wish passengers would have been a little more conscientious about where they left their empty cups and plates.

12-4-10 Crown Princess cruise in W. Caribbean

Crown Princess Cruise Review by 2travelers2

Great memories:

6. Entertainment: was entertaining!

OK experiences: