3. Celebrity Eclipse
This trip was a last minute decision and turned out to be just what I needed. Being off work due to my health, it was nice to be pampered before I return to work. This ship is absolutely gorgeous!! We had an ocean view cabin and it was very well appointed. It did seem a bit cramped with a cocktail table in from of the sofa. Closet space was generous but drawer space was limited. The bathroom was well done with plenty of space for cosmetics, etc.

The staff was wonderful, courteous and helpful. The only issue was that many staff did not have complete or accurate information about activities. In all fairness, the majority of the crew was new to the ship and so needed to become more familiar with company practices and ships activities.

Having booked at the last minute we were unable to try Qzine, Murano or Tuscany, but the food on board was very good in the regular dining venues and so I did not miss the gourmet restaurant experience. The Ocean View Grill was a marvelous dining venue where you could get just about anything you could desire at any time of the day.

The ports we called at were very interesting as we had not been to Costa Maya or Roatan previously. Snorkeling was great at Cozumel and Costa Maya with some wonderful coral heads available to investigate although the current at Costa Maya was very strong and a challenge for poor swimmers.

We will definitely cruise the Eclipse again.

Post Thanksgiving on Eclipse

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Vero Beach Louise

We will definitely cruise the Eclipse again.

Vero Beach Louise’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 08 3105
We loved our cabin, but there are a few changes that could have made it more comfortable. Being avid readers, we found that the lighting over the sofa and the bedside lamps was not really adequate for reading. The cocktail table in front of the sofa made it awkward to move around in the cabin, but was nice to have for drinks, breakfast, etc. There really is a need for more drawer storage for clothing that does not require hanging. Maybe the closet can be configured to provide some shelf space.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins