My wife and I(late 60s, early 70s)took our first cruise with Holland America, 9/16/2010. We found the Eurodam to be very attractive, clean and well designed ship. Also, the entertainment facilities, restaurant areas and lounges to be very pleasant and accommodating. Our stateroom was well taken care of by our steward.

Our stateroom was directly below the Lido deck where diners could sit and eat outside the buffet next to the pool. The walking and moving of chairs and tables could be heard from early morning to 1 AM. Difficult sleeping!

We had many ports that included tendering. That was handled very smoothly.

This was a relaxing cruise due to the easy going pace for a group of passengers our age and older. No one was in a hurry except when it was dinner time.

An incident involving my falling backwards through an unsecured doorway between verandas that we were unaware of and reported four days earlier by the occupying persons,was not pleasant. After my visit to medical for x-rays and medication, we never saw a staff member regarding the incident. We wrote emails and a letter to Holland America and they refuse to discuss or acknowledge the incident. Unfortunately, we missed out on a formal dinner, entertainment, and shore excursions. I'm still in pain two months later.

Beautiful cruise with unpleasant ending.

Eurodam Cruise Review by papagCG

• Sail Date: September 2010
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

We had many ports that included tendering. That was handled very smoothly.

papagCG’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 8046
The locatin of our cabin, midship, was a bad choice. As mentioned earlier, we were directly below the poolside deck where people sat to eat and relax. We heard walking, tables and chairs being moved from early morning to 1 AM. Our steward did a great job. We enjoyed having our breakfast delivered most mornings. Plenty of closet and storage areas, more than we have had on other ships. The safe was easy to use. The bathroom was well designed and ample.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins