3. Norwegian Epic
We cruised the Epic in September (our 9th cruise). We were extremely disappointed with this ship that everyone was talking about.

The rooms: we had a balcony. Our suitcase barely rolled past the bed and the counter. The "wave" shape did not impress us. My husband is 5'8 and I am 5'4 and both our feet were hanging off the bed. Yes, they have many, many restaurants....BUT, you have to PAY for the GOOD ONES..... all except O'Sheehans, which we though was GREAT!! The buffet had good food too. The dining room menu was a disappointment, instead of 3-4 NEW entrees daily (like our previous cruises), there seemed to be only 1 new entree. Yes, the ice bar was great, but it costs money to get in...and you can only stay about 10-15 minutes because it was too cold.... oh, you did get 2 vodka drinks per person.... Yes, they had bowling onboard, again, you had to pay for it. They had a giant screen in which to play WII on (different times of the day), but the person running it was like a bump on a log and didn't get people involved in playing....adults OR children and sometimes, played himself instead of getting others involved. I agree with the non-smoker. It was horrible to get from one side of the ship to the other as they force you to go through the Cigarette smoke. Many people we talked to felt the same way. There was one couple who was so disappointed that instead of taking the 2-weeks that they booked, they shortened their stay to 1 week. I'm not so sure we will be "free-styling" again. Too many "extras" that are included on other cruise lines. All in all,we really did have a GOOD time relaxing, our cabin steward was great. I wouldn't tell people to NOT cruise the Epic, but just to be aware of the additional charges and other things.

The True Epic

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by shae77

shae77’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 12099
The space between the bed and counter hardly big enough to roll suitcases through. Was not a fan of separate toliet, shower and sink... The BALCONY was BIG and beautiful, if you had family, you could have the partion removed so you could enjoy each other's company on the balcony. Loved the sliding glass door as opposed to the one you have to pull open.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins