Our first family cruise has turned out better than expected. The Ventura is a super floating 5 star hotel and I find it difficult to find any faults at all.

Holiday costs were great free child places meant that it was a reasonable cost for a family of four. (2011 quotes are 2.5K more expensive)

On board prices were good value, Stella at £2.95 G&T for just over £3. You can take drinks on board with you but to be fair to P&O why you would at their prices. On board bottle of Bombay Sapphire 1ltr £12. Jamison's Irish whisky 1ltr £15.

Kids club was great for our two kids they were gone all day and night with their new friends leaving me and the wife for some quality time together (a first on our holidays)

Food was exceptional with choices of buffet dining or a full sit down five course meal. 4 formal dinner nights which you could avoid if you wanted and a pool restraint serving burger pizza etc. Room service if you really want to be lazy was a nice touch.

Entertainment was good with a selection of Movies, shows, singers and comedians. Several bars and plenty of fun and games with the entertainment staff.

We had a superior balcony room which was great for all four of us. I would not recommend an inside cabin as they looked a little small.

To conclude this was our best holiday ever and we are saving up to do it again.

Ventura transatlantic 2010

Ventura Cruise Review by steve cox

To conclude this was our best holiday ever and we are saving up to do it again.

steve cox’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12

Cabin D615
Great Balcony, bed a little hard for me, Bath and Shower, Sofa and two TV's with a great chose of movies and TV shows some free.
  Ventura Deck Plans