• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tami60429
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2010
Cabin: Balcony

This was a much needed, relaxing vacation. I have cruised both with family and friends and alone in the past. This time I was by myself and it was really nice.

I flew from Chicago to Charleston the day before and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Mount Pleasant. The hotel provided transportation from the airport and to the port the next day. There was a Target, restaurants and some little shops in the same plaza. This was very convenient.

The ship was scheduled to depart at 10:00 pm. Boarding was to start at 5:30. Of course I was very anxious so I ended up getting there about 3:00. They had just started boarding so it worked out really well. The whole process was smooth and easy. I was checking out my cabin at 3:15.

Balcony

Cabin 8B

Standard Carnival balcony. Quiet other than the guests yelling in the hallway.

Port Reviews

Freeport

Freeport was nice. It was my first time there and I did the Garden of the Groves and City tour. During the tour of the garden, we were given a little history of Freeport as well. I found that interesting. I do not believe this would be a good excursion for kids. I could see them getting very antsy. This excursion included shopping. If any of my future cruises include this port, I will probably consider staying on the ship now that I have seen it.

Nassau

Nassau was great. I got a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. It's a small, clean beach with a pool as well. They only have a certain number of day passes so it doesn't get crowded. The cost was $55 which included a $30 voucher for the bar/restaurant. The BCH is walking distance and it was nice to meander through the shops on the way back to the ship.

You could see the ships from this beach. Even though they were so close, the water was nice and clear.

1 Helpful Vote