• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cruiser98jen2010
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Dec 2009
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Wow, Wow. First time cruising for me (I'm twelve), although probably the 30th time cruising for my grandparents (who had never been on a RC cruise). At the time I was 11, and my grandparents were taking me on a 4 night cruise during Christmas. The Navigator was docked next to 2 Carnival ships, and it was probably twice the size of each.

As you could imagine, I was somewhat nervous, and very excited. The check-in line wasn't so long, although it did feel like we were waiting for some time. Once we got on the ship, we went to the buffet for lunch. I can't even describe how much variety there was. There were like 5 desert tables and like 3 ice cream machines, any kids dream. After eating, we went to our stateroom. It wasn't huge, and for someone who has contacts, the washroom wasn't of much use because of the small sink.

The Royal Promenade was absolutely beyond words. It was like a walk in New York (including the busyness). My grandparents, who have been on many cruises, had told me before had that I wouldn't need a sweatshirt. Well, it was a bit chilly, so they bought me a nice and cozy RCI sweatshirt.

Interior Stateroom