3. Liberty of the Seas
This was our first cruise on a Freedom Class ship. We have done smaller ships the past few years. First impressions are that these ships are a nice upgrade from the Voyager class, with some nice features.

Getting checked in at Port of Miami was a bigger hassle than I had expected. We are diamond members so actual check in was quite easy. However, the line to get on to the ship itself was quite long, and we weren't sure why. From luggage drop off to on the ship was the better part of an hour, which to me is too long.

We proceeded to the Windjammer which was packed beyond belief. The food was good and it was the usual first day buffet. Our stateroom was then ready so we headed downstairs. We had a JS on the 9th deck, almost right between the two banks of elevators. That worked out quite well. The stateroom was great - love the walk-in closet and the flat panel TV.

Our stateroom attendant was, well, less than attentive. There was an ashtray on the balcony with a cigarette butt, we didn't get ice or extra towels after asking, we never got the sea pass statement, well I could go on. He was personable but not the best.

We also found the service to be spotty in other parts of the ship. The guy working the Seattle's Best coffee bar only did one thing at a time. He would never make it at Starbucks on land! On the plus, we had great wait staff in the dining room. Fortunately, the Windjammer was also fairly empty at breakfast time and during mid afternoon.

The entertainment was great. They did a good job to pack in a lot of activities. Disembarking was very easy - we were in our car by 7:30 AM.

We found out the reason that the Liberty only did a 3 night cruise was because AFLAC had chartered the ship for 4 days beforehand. Very odd. Of course, this is the only opportunity to take such a great ship for a 3 night cruise. I just wonder if that is why the service wasn't as good as we would expect on RCCI.

Fun cruise-not perfect

Rates
Ages 16+

Junior Suite
Cabin JS 9280
I can't over emphasize how great the Junior suites are on the Freedom class - the walk in closet is bigger than the one in my first house!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins