3. Zuiderdam
The ships exterior is very smart but the interior is very very tired and in need of a revamp. I personally disliked some of the gaudy colour schemes especially the Lido. In our room the sofa was very stained, when reported, this was changed but the balcony furniture was falling to bits and several areas of the ship had very worn seats. The food was probably the best we have had on cruise ships the Lido selection, presentaion and service were wonderful, I normally call this area the trough and dont venture near but it was a pleasure to eat there.The dining room , fixed seating was rather let down by the staff not ensuring that people adherred to dress code, I do object when I am in formal to having someone on the next table in shorts and tee shirt. The HAL musicians are individuals who are employed to play in the two bands most of them have had a personality by pass and there is no zing about there performance, indeed it was all very poor as was some of the shows with the exception of the HAL singers and dancers. The two crew shows were excrutiating. My biggest issue was the ammount of huge people and elderly on the ship negoitating anywhere was difficult, avoiding walkers wheelchairs sticks and strollers, for the whales HAL was a really good choice because as I said the food was excellent, the tours were arduous at each call as was embarking and debarking if you were at peak wheelchair exit.I have worked with disabled people and understand their issues it was just the sheer volumn of aged and immobile clients that was the problem. So would I recommend I would have to explain the downside as well as the up and suggest a newer ship

Excellent food, great crew BUT