3. Marco Polo
I found the experience onboard the Marco Polo one of partuclular interest. Having worked onboard many ships with many cruise lines I was interested to see how the smaller operators are coping with their competitors. I have to say that the staff during embarkation where very helpful, especially as Tilbury does not have many facilities for Cruise Line passengers. The ship is old and a little tired, from the outside it really looks tired. Internally it is a little better than expected, nice, clean and relatively in good repair. The staff are very keen to help and seem to work very well together, not like some of the bigger cruise ships where the intemacy has gone between the staff. Our cabin was an Inside Twin and again more than adequate for a short cruise. I am glad to say there was no diesel or garbage smells blowing around the corridors or through the AC which can be expected from older ships. The Lido food was for me very limited in selection and at times a bit of a fight to get to. The Dining however was much better although not exceptional. Entertainment was good, and drinks fairly priced. I would return for another mini cruise but anything over 4 days may be a struggle as it is a limited ship with what it has to offer.

MARCO POLO mini cruise