3. River Duchess
This is first river cruise, and probably the last! Get to fly home tomorrow! The brochure was very misleading and this has been very frustrating for all aboard. The internet has been "not working" for 95% of the cruise. I've only been able to log on between 3 and 5 A.M each morning. The cruise line has done nothing to help and just given flimsy excuses. It could've offered a 10-15 minute ship to shore phone credit so travellers could contact loved ones, etc.

I believe river cruises are meant for those folks that are older, need nothing but a lounge and a bar while being herded around. Here are the main differences I noted.

1. No evening entertainment or shows, AT ALL.

2. Excursions are nearly non-existent with only choice in most ports is to take the ship offered excursion, or stay on the ship!

3. Eat only at the 3 scheduled meal times. No pizza spot, dessert spot or other offerings.

The staff was great and the ship was clean and organized. After 33 cruises, I'll stick to ocean cruises which have more activities, excursion options etc. Maybe when I'm 90, I'll try this style. I'm no rookie at cruising. I'm 62, have visited 92 countries and taken 33 cruises. Viper

WARNING to those requiring internet!!!

River Duchess Cruise Review by venomous viper

• Sail Date: October 2010
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom

1. No evening entertainment or shows, AT ALL.

venomous viper’s Full Rating Summary