3. Carnival Pride
We drove over 6 hours to sail on the Pride. Family was 45 mins. away. We found the Carnival Pride to be dark and have a dingy look to the decor. Paintings were worn and seating was like "antique" looking. I'm used to Carnival being bright, festive, etc. This was a letdown. Everywhere we went people were looking bored to death and trying to find something fun to do.

Entertainment in the lobby/atrium was shut down 50% of the time. When they did have music, it was the worse I've ever heard on a cruise ship. THe live raggae music on the lido deck near the pools were nice but (amateurs) off key at the most. Bob Marley would have been so ashamed. The music coming from the speakers put you to sleep, it was more soprano, or italian opera or symphony type music. It was nerve wracking. In the main theater (Taj Mahal) the shows were outdated, jokes were repeated from 6 years ago on another ship.

I think we traveled on a transition week because every show they presented, they said it was their last week or last night with carnival. Even the comedian was not very great. The atrium leaked water, they had buckets encircled by yellow "caution" tape. Mid week, the room started havineg a faint urine/sewage smell. After I told the room steward, he sprayed some nice smelling deodorizer, but after 24 hrs it came back to stay.

Positive: the food and cabins were superb (5****)! Great room steward and dining room server. But the ship seemed to be old/worn, some of the decor was missing, broken, torn, worn. It desperately needs to be refurbished. The lighting had a yellowish ghoulish hue for the ceiling lights and table lamps.

It was fitting for a pre-halloween cruise. Very gothic feel thruout. That's not my thing.

Carnival Pride - no reason to be proud

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by debra816

debra816’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1226
The cabin was wonderful. Pristine clean and cabin steward was there at every beck & call. Very attentive.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins