3. Carnival Ecstasy
My husband and I decided to take a vacation away from the kids and taking a cruise was the most economical thing we could find. I have been on the Ecstasy before,so I knew what to expect of the ship etc. It is an older ship, but once you get used to the crazy colors, you are good to go. Getting on the ship: I have been on 4 cruises and this was by far the easiest time getting on the ship. We got there a little after 12 and by 1 we were on the Lido deck having lunch. It really was that easy. Piece of advice, take a small cooler with drinks. We took a 12 pack of soda for each of us and that got us through the entire cruise and saved us a bunch of money. Also, you can bring one bottle of wine per person which I recommend as well. Food: SOOOOOO good. For breakfast, we sometimes ate on the Lido and had the typical eggs, bacon, cereal. A few days we ate in the dining room and had eggs benedict and samon. For lunch, the lido deck was our stop and my husband had some type of sandwich or pizza and I usually stuck with the chicken fingers/hamburgers. For dinner, we were always in the dining room, you can beat all you can eat of steak/fish!! Things to do on the ship: The pool isnt that big, so if you want to hang there, make sure you park it early. We always were able to find chairs in the back near the water slides which was a quieter spot then near the pool b/c you couldnt hear the music. The slides were so much fun, a good way to cool off before getting some sun. We went to a few of the comedy shows and little activities on the ship, which were good. The staff was so nice, they work so hard and always have a good attitude. We enjoyed talking with our room steward Alit. Getting off the ship: We decided to do the take our own luggage off instead of putting it outside our room the night before b/c we were able to get off about an hour earlier with that option. It wasnt that bad once we got off. Advice: have a passport b/c the line goes alot faster then the birth cert. line.

Wonderful getaway

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by ReesPB23

ReesPB23’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Room: We booked an interior room (room without a window) which isnt bad, but it would have been nice to be able to look out. There is only one outlet, so if you need more bring a extension. We werent in our room that much so it really wasnt that big of a deal. The room is small, but is good enough for this type of trip. The bed was so comfy!
  Carnival Ecstasy Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    Love love Cozumel. I have been here several times and this is the first time I have done something one my own and not through the ship. I highly recommend it. When you get through the shopping area, they have a list of places that taxi's will take you and how much it costs so you know how much you are paying. We spilt a taxi with a couple to Chankanaab so it was only about 8 dollars for us to get there. We were disappointed to hear that the snorkeling was closed due to heavy winds so we asked them what other deals they had. They said if you bought 3 dolphin adventures, you got one free, so for the two of us we got to swim with the dolphins for $83 each, which is cheaper then the basic Dolphin package! It was the coolest thing I have ever done. We got to swim on the dolphins belly's, they pushed us from our feet, we were in there for over an hour. Then they put us in an area with the Manatee's which were so cool and slimy. It was so cool and we had such a great time. We then walked down the beach at Chankanaab and went to the area where there were hammocks. We were the only ones down there and it was so peaceful watching the water. They also have a botanical garden there and it was so pretty to walk through. Overall, the park was so nice and very clean. I highly recommend it!
    View All 6,872 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Progreso
    I have been to Progreso before and it is different b/c it is a little rougher area then other spots in Mexico, but its unique and there is something fun about it. We took the free shuttle from the ship to the downtown area and be prepared b/c right when you get off people are in your face trying to sell you something and are somewhat pushy. After you get used to saying no with confidence and walking with a purpose its on that bad. We took the tour of the city on the double decker bus (4 dollars each) and I thought it was worth it b/c it kinda lays out the city for you and tells you some good places to eat and to walk around. We then walked around the downtown area and looked at some of the shops and things people were selling. Things are cheaper here then Cozumel and if you are good about bartering then this is your place to shop. You can get some great deals here. We then headed to the beach area and walked along it and found some ladies giving massages. Of course when you look over their way they come a running. They were giving one hour massages for 35, I got them down to 20 dollars for an hour and it was so good! I highly recommend it. They are right next to the San Marino Restaurant. We ate there after I got down, actually on the beach and the nacho's were very tasty. Overall, we had a great day here. If you go here with a open mind and remember these people are just trying to make a living, you will have a good time.
    View All 472 Progreso Cruise Port Reviews