3. MSC Lirica
This is our second [AND LAST!!!] cruise with MSC, but we have taken over 3 dozen cruises, all told. First let's start with your review of the ship: nothing is prepared at tableside-not risotto, nothing. Their only claim to fame, is the pasta made for lunch outside every day. But I digress: let's start with the children. We were told [by staff] that kids are free and they were everywhere. Usually not a problem, except these yelled, screamed, cried & carried on with no control from their parents [or anyone else (again told by staff they were 'Italian')], literally all day long.

Smoking=know we were in Europe [we were actually there a week before the cruise], but passengers ignored smoking restrictions everywhere, they smoked whenever and wherever they wanted=again no help from MSC. Rudeness was rampant-things are different in Europe, but this seemed more than usual, cutting in on lines, in the elevators, etc.

The food was mediocre, at best. Almost all the buffets were cold by the time you got to them. Service was almost nonexistent-waiters forgot food, who got what, to bring what was requested, to ask if your meal was good [and there was little supervision of help].

Service [LACK OF IT] seemed the order of the cruise. The employees attitude seemed to be 'not my job' and I can't/won't help you. Example-if you didn't take a ship's excursion, you were not supplied with any inforamtion about the port you were in, none. And if you asked, were told I don't know. Instead of trying to be helpful, the crew was actually an obstacle; shops didn't wait on you, etc. The crusie staff seemed more interested in talking among themselves, than serving the passengers.

Very bad experience