• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2010
Cabin:
Traveled with children

The ship was all it claimed to be! We were pleasantly surprised as we just sailed a few days ago on Costa Victoria and this one was indeed awesome!

From the entrance to the main plaza, it was gleaming! A giant Buddha like figure was the centrepiece aside from the glittering lights around the ship! The chocolate bar soon became my youngest son's fave hang out. He even got us to buy him a souvenir mug as a reminder of his happy days at this place. It helps that staff here were always friendly and accommodating!

Facilities wise, what can I say, it is all tops at this ship!Very luxurious as it was relatively new, christened as we heard just in 2009. So it was a great experience!

Well maintained cabins, plenty of cupboard/clothing spaces,helpful stewards.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Great port, love the people! We enjoyed Gaudi's Guell Park and also the ride around the city! Our taxi driver was very helpful. The 80 Euros we paid for all four of us in our family for several hours were worth it that we even gave him a tip of 10 euros more!

Vigo

It is an enchanting place for us. It helps that it was Sunday when we were there so not many people around! But we enjoyed the parks and the city centre too! We also had Spanish chocolates and eclairs to celebrate my husband's birthday! People were friendly to us! We shopped for shoes (surprisingly many small sizes just right for me,LOL!)My son also got t-shirts for him, reasonable prices too!

Lisbon

We went to the OCeanario which was outstanding -variety of collection and quite organised! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there. However, around Lisbon city centre was different! In spite of the rains, I could smell urine in the side walks and a bit dirty in the streets! We enjoyed looking at the palace and a park but not really happy here! Bad vibes I think!

previous reviewnext review