3. MSC Orchestra
The ship was very nice, big of course, and a bit crowded, and the stateroom I had surprisingly large with the balcony giving it an open feeling. The normal staff contacts out side of dining were good, but dining staff to me was very professional and excellent. Unfortunately the food was atrocious. Some where between bad school cafeteria and frozen diner bad. Nearly every sauce was so salty by the third meal we tried to remember to request there be no sauce. Vegetables were cooked to the point of losing a texture or shape as well as taste. Risotto on the other hand was undercooked such that the rice still had crunchy white centers. Fish and meat were badly overdone. The only dessert worth eating was the chocolate ice cream. The backed Alaska was awful. Breakfast was satisfactory to good. The wine bar and wine selection was actually very good, although I felt kind of sorry for the people working there. The rest of the passengers only used the wine bar for sitting and rarely bought bottles of wine. Dealing with the management on board was not as good an experience, I had a problem they said the would deal with, and I should not worry, just enjoy my vacation. Well that is a good start, but until I pushed them very hard, they seemed to hope the problems would resolve themselves. After it was obvious that I would not go away, they did make sure I knew they were actively working the issue. MSC does not seem to attract a stylish hip crowd, more like older European blue collar workers. Few spoke any English, they are sooo loud when talking right next to each other, but I guess that is just a cultural thing. I cannot recommend MSC. The food was just inexcusable. If they fix that major gap, the ship and line may be acceptable.

Service good, food awful

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by winelover714

winelover714’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get MSC Orchestra price drops

I was very happy with the size location and feel of the cabin. I did not use the balcony as much as I thought I would but really like the light it provided into the cabin
  MSC Orchestra Deck Plans