3. Splendour of the Seas
We had considered Viking river cruises for a one week cruise, we had done one last year and wanted to try it again, but the price was out of our budget. We were visiting our daughter in Europe, and we all wanted to see more of Europe. Our daughter was studying abroad, and had just turned 21. After much searching, we opted for this cruise on the Adriatic and Agean. We booked it about four months in advance through Cruises Only, I liked their website and found it to be user friendly. We loved our Junior Suite, a few years ago we booked an inside stateroom on Carnival, and wanted something a bit more roomy, even though we had the idea that the room was only a place to sleep. The ports of call were chosen well. We had to tender out in only one of them. We booked the Acropolis tour in Piraeus (Athens) but in other ports we either took a walking tour or went out on our own in a taxi. We ate all of our meals in the main dining room, ealy sitting, in a large table, and enjoyed our company, my daughter even had another girl of her age to talk to. Maybe that was intentional on the part of RCI. The food was of good quality, my wife liked it better than Carnival, I could not tell the difference. Like most cruise lines, they need to make money on your extra purchases, and I found that drinks, excursions, photos,spa,and internet ran up our bill by about $2300, or about 50% of the cost of the cruise. This was expected, and still the cruise was cheaper than the Viking River Cruise alternative, and just as enjoyable. We booked our next cruise, with Celebrity, while on board. That means that as far as we were concerned, it was a big success!

Greek Islands in spring a good choice

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by captainmcd

captainmcd’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS 8034
8034 was a nice cabin, next to internet cafe and elevators, midship, but quiet and convenient in all respects.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins