3. Jewel of the Seas
A few hours after the ship left Miami one of the passengers had an emergency. It was announced that the ship was turning around to meet the vessel that was picking up the passenger. It was done promptly without incident (good to know) and we still arrived in Bermuda on time.

We enjoyed Bermuda and the my only complaint was that it was Sunday and the shops in Hamilton were closed.

Next we were at sea for about 7 days during which time we relaxed by the outdoor and indoor pools, ate our meals, saw the shows and went to the casino. The Jewel is a midsize ship and everything was very conveniently located. Our oceanview cabin was on a lower deck near the back. We only had to go one flight of stairs to the dining room which is also in the back. My husband and I had the 'anytime dining' and really enjoyed the flexibility. The food and service were excellent.

Our next port was Lisbon, which we loved. We did some things on our own as the ship docks close to the city and RCI provides a shuttle from the cruise port. I think it was about $4 pp. I bought some very nice scarfs in Lisbon. There is lots of shopping and it is reasonable compared to countries like England and France.

Our last port was Bruges, Belgium and it is a must see! Wonderful old town area with centuries old cathedrals and shops. Very clean and English spoken.The next day the Jewel arrived in Great Britain. We had a very nice crossing with good weather because the captain steered away from storms at sea.

A 'Jewel' of a Transatlantic cruise - very relaxing