3. Norwegian Gem
This was meant to be the ultimate 60th Birthday present from my wife and first of all I would say that the chosen cruise was based largely on the port itinerary, places we hadn't been to previously and without doubt we did enjoy all of the ports even though there were some of them that we only spent a few hours. In addition we met 2 lovely couples, 1 from South Wales and the other from Wisconsin, on our first week whose company we enjoyed so much and provided us with hours of laughter and good times. Had it not been for those 2 positives it would have been the most miserable and most expensive 2 weeks of our lives.

My wife paid out the largest amount of money that we have ever paid for any previous cruise and we have been cruising regularly over the past 15 years and without doubt this cruise with NCL goes straight to the bottom of our list, even surpasses the inefficiency and ineptitude of MSC & Costa, we would never, never under any circumstances cruise with any of them ever again.

From the moment you arrive all they are interested in is making sure you leave the ship with the last morsel of cash or credit you have firmly lodged in their bank account.

Their so called freestyle dining does not work, it is pathetic and is simply geared to forcing passengers to eat in the speciality restaurants at a premium supplementary charge.

This is the first cruise we have ever been on which doesn't have either a Captain's Welcome or Farewell party, no doubt down to their description of "Freestyle", personally I think it's purely to ensure that they don't have to give you at least one free drink!!..

Would not recomment NCL in any shape or form to our friends or indeed any of our enemies, they are the pits!!..

60th Birthday Cruise, First & Last with NCL

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by dodabz

dodabz’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10610
My wife had booked a balcony cabin which was located on deck 10, both of us felt this was the smallest balcony cabin we have ever had on any cruise ship. We ended up having to rearrange some of the furniture to give us some extra room, not well designed. There was only one bedside table which consisted of 2 open shelves, no drawer.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins