• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2010
Cabin: Junior Suite

We did the Aug. 29, 2010 sailing. We flew into Rome for 2 nights pre-cruise. We used Bob's limo service for the transfer to the hotel. We stayed at Alberge del Senote hotel by Pantheon. This hotel was perfect for the location, room, included breakfast. I would highly recommend. We booked this through Hotel.com. On Sunday- Bob's Limo was 20 minutes late. The gentleman never introduced himself and drove very, very aggressively to the pier. We were stressed out once we arrive. I did send a note to the company to confirm pick up and notify them of the aggressive driving.

We arrived at the Pier at 11:15am. We went to the Diamond/suite area and checked in- computers went down- sat for an extra 15 minutes. We got on the ship and went directly to the 10th floor for FOOD. They opened the Windjammer at 12 noontime. Purchased the coke card. They told me they ran out of the tumblers 3 cruises ago. The bar staff in the windjammer was always nice and I ended up getting ginger ale alot and they knew my order by day 2. The room was ready to go into at 1:00pm. We went for the junior suite and it was beautiful. It had wonderful club chair/ottoman, walk in closet, flat screen tv. Our room attendant was Kay. We did remove all of the sodas, etc out of the mini-bar. The safe was not opened and we did have to call security to open the staff. The room was perfect. It was quiet. We went to the life boat drill and we found out there were 1,400 Italians on the ship. We found them to be very nice and it was always a fashion show each night. Love their shoes. We had trouble finding the Diamond lounge but once we did- Rauge was wonderful up on the 14th floor. They didn't have any crackers or cheese. That was the only that was different. We had My Time Dinning- we ended up with Babu a table of 2, head waiter was Ray Lewis. We had excellent service. I am on a special diet and they did everything they could to help me out. We had a standing reservation for 6:30pm. Thus, dinner was delightful each evening. We would mostly get it off the spa menu. Since this was such a port extensive itinerary- we wanted to eat light. Also, lobster has been eliminated.

Sea Day. Started to pack up things. Got my hair done at the salon. Beware anything that you purchased- gift shop to hair products you had to pay the vat tax. They had a ton of activities to do. There was always lounge chairs to be used.

Junior Suite