3. Carnival Ecstasy
Embarkation was a breeze. Arrived at 11:30 and quickly got on board. Had lunch in the Lido. Food was so-so. I had salad so you can't really hurt that. No bands playing island music, which always helps to put you in the mood for cruisin'. Room was okay, very clean but small even with the balcony. Kept hitting our knees on the corner of bed frame. Carnival needs to make the frame fit the mattress. Bathroom is like a 3-star hotel in Italy - not a lot of room. Entertainment is good, but not excellent - not really "show stopping", mouth- drop-open glamour (like on Princess and RCL). Carnival is definitely a "fun" ship and that is all. If you want to be in the only small swimming pool elbow to belly button with a lot of people holding their bottle of beer - I guess that is supposed to be "fun". I drink beer, margaritas (Ecstasy's margaritas stink) and wine, but I don't like to be in a pool with everyone that is so close that they can drink my drink!! I have been on Carnival several times (keep thinkin' it will improve a little) plus it is so easy to leave from Galveston, BUT I have finally decided that Carnival is sorta like a "Wal Mart" type of cruise. It's generic food, generic entertainment, generic decks, and it is also not as pricey! Arrived in Cozumel (4 time) nothing changes, shop, shop, eat, drink, very hot, and get back on the ship. Water is spectacular and beautiful. Cozumel is a typical Mexican port, but enjoyable. Will go back there again. Progresso is another subject - in May, we rode the bus into Progresso on the 4-mile bridge. Arrived there and turned right around, caught another bus and got back on the ship. At least the pool was empty. Now THAT'S AN IDEA! If you want to swim, either go to the beach or stay on the ship and the pool will be all yours to enjoy. All in all, the cruise was "okay" because we were with a bunch of friends. Didn't matter where we went and long as we all went together. Cruising with friends is a blessing if you ALL GET ALONG and we did. Pictures (don't really need a camera) Carnival is there with the camera every time you move. Almost like paparazzi! AND you get to pay $12 to $22 for each picture. How about that! Make your reservation and enjoy your cruise - then you can write your own review! '

Smokin' cruise!!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by belottlady

belottlady’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B
Balcony room is small, but very cool (A/C works great). Hallway is very noisy because kids kept screaming and running up and down the hall as well as young adults. this was late at night.

Bathroom too small and the shower "curtain" should go! Either get a better quality curtain or plexiglass doors. Water gets everywhere. Our vent in the bathroom whistled all the time. Sound like little birds or mice. It was just the vent was closed off and we couldn't open it.

Balcony is wonderful, but don't get stuck in the door! It closes so fast and is so heavy that if your arm got caught, there goes the arm!!

SMOKING ON THE SHIP SHOULD BE BEHIND GLASS DOORS AND NOT IN THE HALLWAYS WHERE ALL THE PASSENGERS MUST PASS THROUGH. I AM STILL COUGHING FROM ALL THE SMOKE ON THIS SHIP. THE CASINO SHOULD BE ENCLOSED IN GLASS DOORS, THE BARS BEHIND GLASS DOORS. HAVE BARS AND A PART OF THE CASINO WHERE SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins