CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

DerekB
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2004
Cabin: Inside

Embarkation was very quick and very organized. We checked in 2 hours before the posted departure time - had virtually no wait and were able to board within 15 minutes.

Found our cabin on deck 10 (we had several others with us on deck 6 as well). We selected and inside cabin as we tend to spend more time roaming the ship and in the cabin. Found the cabin to be very spacious. Bathroom is by far the best I've seen at sea. The inside cabins do not have the divider wall in the restroom, however they are quite roomy. Glass shower doors are the best touch and the water pressure in the showers was to die for. The cabins had beds for 5 (two standard beds, one bunk, one foldout chair and one hidden under a bed). As noted the beds were a tad on the hard side, however nothing I found impossible to sleep with. Cabin was extremely clean and in tip-top shape. Only hint of age I found was some rusting around the drain in the shower. You will want to avoid cabin 6567 (occupied by another part of our group). There was something over top of this cabin that caused a nightly noise festival featuring what sounded like lopsided bowling.

Most of our party signed up for the drink program, for $21.97, and used it extensively. To our surprise they use canned drinks instead of fountain drinks due to the ship not yet having a fountain beverage system. I did ask and this will change after dry dock. I was very impressed at the speed the bartenders were willing to serve those with the drink cards. I had to practically beg to get them filled on multiple RCI cruises.

Inside