3. Carnival Dream
We arrived at Port Canaveral around 12:30 and checking in was a breeze. Prior to checking in we were notified by a memo that because of Hurricane Earl our itinerary had been changed to Western Caribbean with four ports instead of Eastern with two ports.

In less than 30 minutes we were on the ship. Surprisingly, once on the Dream we were allowed to proceed to our cabins. Our cabin was ready and clean and we were greated by our cabin steward Sparky who was cheerful and extremely helpful through our cruise. I found all the crew members to be pleasant and cheerful.

Our dining room experience was pleasant. We had a group of eight and were accommodated nicely in the Crimson Dining Room.

I must say that after reading the reviews about the horrible smell on the Dream I was a little worried. Although I did smell it on several occasions, it wasn't that bad, a brief swiff of sewer that went as fast as it came.

The lines in the public food areas were a little long, but that's to be expected with a ship this size trying to accommodate over 3,000 people. The food was ok, about what I expected and the same as on other Carnival ships.

Disembarkation was well organized and we were off the ship in no time with no waiting. I am glad Carnival revamped the Muster Drill process to have it in an air conditioned area without having to lagg the life vests around.

The worse part of the entire week for me and my group was the lack of supervision of all the children that were onboard. We were awakened several nights by what sounded like thunder in the halls, and turned out to be children, including young children who were unsupervised and running (literally) all over the ship. On one occasion I had to come out of my cabin to ask the gang of about 5 young boys to please stop running. I can't believe that people give their kids a Sail & Sign card and just let them go wherever they want, whenever they want.

That being said, overall, the cruise was great and I look forward to cruising with Carnival again.

Better than Expected