3. Celebrity Century
My wife and I just returned from a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity's Century. We departed from Barcelona and finished at the same location. We've sailed with Celebrity once before and chose this company because we were pleased with our first experience and because of it's good reputation. We were not disappointed.

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Infinity. While the Century is 15 years old and not as shiny new as some ships, it's still a beautiful way to cruise. About 5 years ago it underwent a 50 million dollar upgrade and, although it is a bit bit worn in some areas, I'd definitely sail on her again.

We found the cruise well organized and the crew attentive to every need. Our cabin attendant was great as was the dinner wait staff. We had many questions and guest relations was extremely helpful and kind. We always enjoy the nightly entertainment and were just a bit disappointed this time around. The young dancers and singers were good but tended to lip sync a bit too much for our tastes. There were a couple of other acts that were not up to the level we'd expected. Still, we enjoyed the shows.

This was our first trip to Europe and we enjoyed the countries we visited immensely. If I had to change anything on the itinerary, I would probably make port in Napoli instead of Salerno. We felt that Salerno was simply a place to park the ship so you take an excursion to Pompeii, Sorrento, etc. The city itself left a lot to be desired. We made several great friends and enjoyed the cruise very very much. We would not hesitate to cruise with Celebrity and on the Century again.

Trip of a lifetime

Celebrity Century Cruise Review by jcurt172

jcurt172’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 9067
Furnishings a little worn, particularly the carpet. Balcony furniture had seen better days.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins