Ventura Review

Butlins on steroids at sea

Review for the British Isles & Western Europe Cruise on Ventura
Baywatch Babe
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Jun 2024

We booked this with 3 other couples 2 of these had not cruised before. We are aged between 38 and 49. The intention was a taster of cruising. The attraction was the overnight stay in Amsterdam. I had been on Ventura 10 years ago with my family and had a great time. The ship has held up well given its age. First opinion on boarding was pleasant and well organised. Staff at Southampton were friendly and helpful. Dropping our car off was easy. Once on board we were quickly greeted by a barman for drinks. We then took to our cabin to unpack, we chose an inside cabin as were in the North Sea and didn’t feel we utilise a balcony, this is a first. We were pleasantly suprised with the size of the room, particularly the walk in closet it was very spacious. If I was being pedantic the cleaning could have been sharper, ie paper and tickets left in drawers but it wasn’t dirty.

I was impressed with the white company shampoo and wash etc. A few lifts seemed to be “resting” a lot. The bars were nice and well stocked with prices being very reasonable. The casino and bar area was very loud with quizzes more like at a seaside resort. We had freedom dining and the eight of us were able to sit together. The in main dining was disappointing particularly for one of our friends who is gluten free, very little choice and was told she would need to book 24 hours in advance. On the gala evening 7 of us ordered wine and 1 an aperol spritz they returned to say they had no aperol spritz. My partner got up and walked to another bar and came back with one. Food was often tepid and appeared to have been left standing ! The only time my partner got a hot plate was when he ordered a cold dessert !!

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Ventura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.