Volendam Review

cuagrad90
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2024

Recently I returned from the New England & Canada cruise on the Volendam. I found the ship in great shape. Yes, occasionally I saw fraying on some upholstery but not enough to worry about. My cabin steward, Made, was wonderful. The bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable. Rex, in Ocean Bar was a good teacher; he taught the mixology class on our day at sea. We enjoyed the shows, particularly Helene, the comedian. Oh, the Morimoto pop-up dinner in the Pinnacle was absolutely delicious and we had the best server ever. The only negative was In the dining room on deck 4, my food and coffee were not always as hot as they should be. Also, the service was uneven and friends did not get what they ordered. This was my 11th cruise with HAL and the dining room service has always been better than it was two weeks ago. Otherwise, all was well on the Volendam.

Port Reviews

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

We did a walking tour of churches but it was more than that. You got history and culture mixed in. Big bonus was that it was a lovely day.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Volendam Cruise from $729

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.