Azura Review

14 years on is she still the same ship ?

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Azura

Oasis pool area
Atrium Black tie night with the Captain
Capitano
Freedom
last night on board with friends
Sindhu
Our table
serenity such peace a mill pond
Valetta at night
Crepes suzette Epicurean

This is the 4th time on Azura, having been on the ship in her Maiden year to the Baltics 2010 ,Med 2012 and the Fjords 2017 and I am pleased to say she has still plenty of life left in her yet though obviously not new.

I had read so many negative reviews about her after I had booked this one, that I tried to cancel it but couldnt without a large financial loss. Who writes these reviews ? this is our 32nd cruise and on 7 different cruise lines and enjoyed the lot, thats relative given the price I paid ,I expected nothing more.From Cunard, Celebrity,Holland America, Azamara premium's to the lower grade, in the main you get what you pay for.This time we chose a 14 nighter in a Balcony and was quite pleased with it, apart from the toilet that had a slight time lag especially in the mornings and perhaps the TV should have been black and white, given the size but we never watch TV anyway ,although if thats your requirement, then this is not for you, try the Iona that was BIG.

The meet at Gatwick was great we were there 3.45am to miss any rush met the P&O rep at 4am and he looked after us including the hand luggage that he told us we could put in as well and never saw the case's until outside the cabin in Valetta. Straight through priority at the airport and on the coach in 15 minutes whats not to like?.We asked for a table for two at the 8.30 pm slot and that was fine and when our friends joined us for the second week they moved us to a table of 4 number 9 by the window very nice.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azura Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.