Wind Surf Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: May 2024

My husband and I just returned from the Wind Surf cruise RT Rome with stops in Sicily, Malta, Lipari, and the Amalfi coast. We are in our 60s,70s with over 25 cruises. This was our first Windstar cruise and we enjoyed it very much. I put it down as one of my top 3 cruises and we have done the mass market (Celebrity, NCL, Royal in suites) as well as Seabourn, Viking, Oceania, Azamara, and SilverSea. There were so many surprises that made this cruise special.

I will start with the entertainment. I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality of the band, Queen of Aces as well as the more formal shows put on by the Hotel/Cruise Director (Alexander?). The Queen show blew me away and who in the world wouldn’t want someone singing Andrea Bocelli while you sail away from the Amalfi coast and past Capri in the late afternoon with a glass of wine while comfortably sitting in the shade in the Compass Rose deck. It is really hard to top that. Trivia was fun and enjoyed that most of the questions were reasonable.

There were special surprises throughout the voyage. I was very struck that they thought out the specific itinerary and just how they could make it special. An example was timing passing Stromboli at 8:30 at night so we could see the action. They parked for a while and let us observe the volcano in action. Other surprises, chocolate covered strawberries at times when returning from excursions, a gift from Malta, and did I mention that Queen show?

7 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a Wind Surf Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.