Azamara Journey Review

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Jun 2024
Traveled with children

I am currently 2/3 of the way through the Greece intensive cruise on the Azamara Journey. Even though the cruise is not done the first part has been so stellar that I am certain that unless the boat sinks in the next three days (which I think it is extremely unlikely to do) the rest of the itinerary will be just as wonderful. Overall this was a super great cruise, and I would very much recommend to anyone who wants to not only go on a cruise but also see incredible things at the stops on land.

First off, the crew was kind and super attentive. At another resort I have been to, the employees seem focused on enforcing rules and following strict orders, but at Azamara it was clear that every employee’s top priority was the customers, whether it was cheerfully greeting every passenger, rushing to help carry things when my arms were full, offering to bring me drinks, holding doors, or making endless room key cards when mine got lost or randomly ceased working. Pedro and Afley were especially awesome: Pedro was an everflowing fountain of ice water refilling my glass whenever I was thirsty, and Afley transformed the Discoveries dining room into a Michelin star restaurant, pulling out chairs, putting napkins in our laps, telling us about the menu, brushing away crumbs, replacing silverware between parts of the meal… both of them definitely deserve a raise! :)

Speaking of the Discoveries restaurant, I highly recommend it as well. I thought the casual Windows Cafe buffet would be better, and that one’s decent, especially for breakfast and lunch — it’s like a very nice hotel or college cafeteria. It pales in comparison with Discoveries, though, which is one of the nicest places I’ve eaten even on land. They start every meal with bread and various dipping condiments, then follow it with appetizers, the main course, and then dessert, all of which is extremely good and well-prepared (the leek and potato bonboniers and the apple blueberry crepes were the highlights — and also the seafood — but every single thing I ordered there I liked). The food in Windows is good, but Discoveries is so much tastier that it is worth the wait and dress code (not too strict, but no shorts).

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Journey Cruise from $1,314

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.