Icon of the Seas Review

Amazing ship with way too much to do.

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Icon of the Seas
tylerz48
10+ Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

Icon OTS is a great ship and it lives up to the high price tag it charges. There is so much to see, do, eat, and drink. RCL really elevated everything for Icon. The new venues for the ship such as the coffee bar, 1400 Bar, Hideaway, and Food Hall were great additions to the standard Royal cruise ship.

We also did unlimited speciality dining and splurged for Empire Super Club. I would not do unlimited dining again. All of the specialty dining was great, I just was not a fan of Hooked. I don't think it matched the standard of the other speciality restaurants. I did not have high expectations of Giovanni's but was totally blown away. Chops was great as always, except for one dinner that went 3 hours for 3 people. Izumi was also good, but the space was really small and noisy. Empire was an experience that was well worth the splurge.

The only downside I have of Icon is the pool situation. Our ship was 100% full. Every single morning the largest pool was closed for sanitation issues by 11am. It made all other pools very crowded.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Icon of the Seas Cruise from $1,229

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.