Avalon Illumination Review

First Avalon cruise, won't be my last!

Review for Europe River Cruise on Avalon Illumination
jmarkp
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Jun 2024
Traveled with children

First time cruiser here. What an incredible experience: the crew, the itinerary, the stateroom, the food. Everything seemed geared to making sure I had an incredible voyage...and they succeeded.

Avalon seems to specialize in giving guests choices whether it's dining options or activities/excursions. If you're the active type take a guided hike or bike ride. Like history? Take a guided tour including an option for those who walk great distances. There were game nights, live music, and a movie night. What I enjoyed is that each of these activities never felt crowded or forced. They were geared towards giving whoever participated a great time. There was always something going on that interested me…including the option just to kickback on the sundeck and watch the Rhine flow by. There's nothing that I can think of that could've made this trip more enjoyable (uh, nothing legal anyway).

I can't imagine why I'd choose another company for my next cruise. Great job Avalon!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an Avalon Illumination Cruise from $1,538

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.