• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2010
Cabin:

We cruised on MSC Splendida the week 4th to 11th August. I am going to be as objective as possible so as to help those of you who are undecided whether to book with MSC or not. In a nutshell, although it was a good holiday overall and we had a pleasant time and the ship is beautiful, we would not again sail with MSC. There are various reasons for this. Please bear in mind that what is not good for some may be acceptable to others and vice versa. This is just my opinion.

We have sailed Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Holland America before and the service and style offered on these ships is way above that on MSC. Now some people say that it is European style cruising and should be regarded as such - well then, I don't like European style cruising because it means missing out on many special things that make you feel pampered and special for at least a short time while you're on holiday. (I should point out that I am not American; I live in a European country and love Europe!) But I prefer American style cruising.

So what are the main points to keep in mind?

previous reviewnext review