Sapphire Princess Review

Western Samoa sites
MDR deserts
MDR dinner
Ship at night
MDR pub lunch. Very good!
Fiji main port
MDR great steaks!
Papeete harbor
American Samoa tour bus
Cabin air conditioning fix used hook magnets to hold up

The Journey… a 32 day cruise leaving Los Angles to the South Pacific and back to LA. 24 days at sea, 8 islands (Hawaii 2, Western Samoa, American Samoa, Fuji 2, Tahiti 2). A 14,000 mile trip.

The Ship, is in remarkable condition for being one of the older Princess ships. Well maintained, clean and functional. Yes it’s dated in some areas… but so it is on many older ships. All we noticed was painting, repairs etc on our journey. The Sapphire was a gem of a ship to me.

The Food, sorry… I’m not a gourmet, so I don’t judge the cuisine. I general eat in the MDR every night, the choices are excellent and some nights I’ll pass — but I go there and figure out something, the serve ring team will help you out if there isn’t anything of your liking. And you really don’t go hungry! The Horizon Market was really good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes I had a later dinner some nights. Really to me the food was remarkable.

Port Reviews

Apia, Samoa (formerly Western Samoa)

Hot, humid… but interesting walking is possible but it was 99% hum and 98deg F hot I got sick from walking back. There are tons of taxis, but the cost I’d random they take only America money.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Sapphire Princess Cruise from $351

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.