Scenic Jewel Review

Traveled with children
Budapest at night
Our ship
Our cabin

We just came back from our 15 day cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest on the Scenic Jewel. I’ll start with the good points. The crew was absolutely fantastic. Everyone from housekeeping to the captain greated us with a smile every single time we met. The crew made sure we had everything we possibly needed and more. The excursions were great, 4 or 5 offered per port. They had e-bikes on ship which were excellent to ride. Everything was very well organized and at most ports there was free time to explore the city on our own. The rooms were fabulous, big with a great balcony that had a power window so even on cool days you could sit on the balcony. The beds were very comfortable also. Each room had butler service and housekeeping was twice a day. Room service was included, fast and good quality. There was entertainment each night after dinner and a couple history talks during sailing hours. There were 2 private concerts, one in Nuremberg and one in Vienna for Scenic guests only in historic palaces that were the highlight of the trip. We loved the Scenic cruise and would use them again for sure. We were lucky that the water levels didn’t necessitate any ship transfers so I can’t comment on that. We also had good weather with limited rain and comfortable temperatures. The only reasons I didn’t rate them 5 stars is they only had a tiny gym with no weights. Also the breakfasts, lunches and room service were excellent but dinners were good but just not great. I’m a home chef and know my way around food so I was disappointed that the dinners were just good. We had 2 specialty dinners that were spectacular so I know they had the ability to prepare great food at every meal. The other minor complaint was that dinner was at 7:00pm. We like to eat early most evenings and 7:00 was late for us so we chose room service instead for a few dinners. The positives far outweighed the minor negatives so I would highly recommend Scenic. Actually we are looking for another cruise in 2025 with Scenic.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scenic Jewel Cruise from $4,907

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.