Adventure of the Seas Review

2,232 reviews

Stay away from Adventure of the Seas!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Adventure of the Seas
AndrewCfromAZ
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: May 2024

Well I have to say that for all the hype and lead up, I’m more than a little less than impressed.

We have only cruised once before and it was on Celebrity (subsidiary of Royal Caribbean) and it was incredible. So I don’t have a lot to compare this cruise to.

One thing RC did very well is the boarding process. Super easy and fast. Great experience.

Port Reviews

Perfect Day at CocoCay

We spent the entire visit in the adults only Hideaway beach club where it wasn't super crowded and there was a lot of opportunities for shade. The beach there is awesome. I wish they would put up signs saying not to walk out on the rocks instead of sending the life guards out of hiding to nearly tackle you to get you off the rock bank.

St. Croix

Beautiful island and definitely a lot of nice history stuff. We did a tour from one of the locals (Safari Tours) and he was super-friendly and gave a great tour. Highly recommend him. The first tour round of the day gets you back to port with lots of time to spare so you can wander around and visit the local vendors and chase chickens.

St. Thomas

We decided to do our own thing on this day. I rented a car and we took care of a few things (like hitting the laundromat to get our laundry done for us). We drove out to Magen's Bay (beautiful beach). Be warned, Google says you can rent towels. That's not true. You can BUY towels for $20/each. We forgot to bring them from the ship. They want $20/chair for the loungers too so we were able to share half of a picnic table with another group from the ship. We also went "downtown" to wander through the shops (mostly it's jewelry). The My Car Rental company was fantastic. Picked me up at the Crown Bay port and dropped me back off there at the end of the day. One of the few rental places that don't have a 3 day minimum.

San Juan

San Juan was nice except for the absurd heat and humidity (which I guess is a bit unseasonal for this time of year). Seemed like a nice city. Lots to see there, but with only a day in port (a short day at that) we couldn't get to very much.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Adventure of the Seas Cruise from $563

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.