Emerald Princess Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2024
Traveled with disabled person

The day before this cruise we drove to Ft. Lauderdale and stayed at the Candlewood Suites on State Road 84. It was fine for just one night and only 8 minutes from the port.

The next morning we headed to the port at 9:30 and by 10:45 we had boarded the ship. We dropped off our carry on luggage at our cabin and headed up deck 15 for a beverage. I walked over to the World Fresh Marketplace and used a house phone to call the dine line. I was able to make reservations for the Salty Dog Gastropub and Planks on the dates and times I wanted. At noon we headed to the Botticelli dining room for a delicious lunch of beef tenderloin with a soufflé for dessert.

We were in a handicapped accessible cabin. The room and the balcony were both spacious and we loved the close proximity to the Lido deck. It was easy for me to run upstairs to grab a beverage or water from the Mix bar or to visit the Terrace pool, especially on port afternoons when it was quiet.

Port Reviews

Tortola

Nice shops. Walk to the restaurant/bar called Seven and sit outside for an enjoyable meal. I didn't try one, but another patron highly recommended the drink called Painkiller.

St. Thomas

Great barbeque and drinks at the Smoking Rooster with outdoor seating. This can be found in building Six at Havensight.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $879

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.