S.S. Catherine Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Save your money and opt for Carnival.

Review for Europe River Cruise on S.S. Catherine
nikkiav
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: May 2024
Traveled with children
Traveled with disabled person

Before delving into my experience, I want to provide context by mentioning my extensive history of traveling to 5-star resorts, dining at Michelin-starred restaurants, and embarking on numerous cruises. With this background, my expectations were naturally elevated when booking a boutique Uniworld cruise, renowned for its exceptional service, exclusivity, and culinary excellence.

Unfortunately, Uniworld fell short of the expression "you get what you pay for." With a price tag of nearly $6,000 per person, I left feeling as though I had encountered the biggest scam of a lifetime, resulting in feelings of anger, humiliation, and disbelief.

When traveling on large-scale cruise ships, occasional slip-ups in food or service may be expected. However, on a boat accommodating only 130 passengers, there's simply no excuse for such shortcomings. Here are some examples of the poor service and culinary experiences:

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a S.S. Catherine Cruise from $3,099

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.