Norwegian Getaway Review

I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
RNTeacher2
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

We are not new to cruising so we do have some things to compare this to. This was the cruise of a lifetime for us. It wasn't perfect, but close to it--hence the 5 star rating. The entertainment was excellent, food was good, service great. Loved all of the ports. The embarkation was rough, but most of it was out of the control of NCL. They did their best by offering sandwiches, drinks, and pastries. Not their fault the previous cruise was late getting in. Not their fault that they had to wait for the coroner as someone had died on the previous cruise. On the other hand, disembarking was the easiest I have ever experienced on a cruise. Tender to Dublin was easy. All ports were enjoyable. Normandy was awe inspiring. Food was good, but not exactly my taste some nights. Cagney's was great every night. Buffet good. Service excellent. Room steward JOWE was wonderful. What more can you ask for? We were entertained every night--Harry O was great, LOVED the Million Dollar Quartet and Greg Gleason. No reason to be bored on this trip.

Port Reviews

Amsterdam

Amsterdam was very crowded, and maneuvering among the bicyclists was a little challenging. However, we did enjoy the one hour canal cruise. It was well narrated with information about the building, Anne Franks "house" and the bridges over the canals. So much history here.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $321

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.