Seven Seas Splendor Review

Wonderful ship; great experience.

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Seven Seas Splendor
Maryland4
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2024

Great cruise. We loved the ship--by far the best of my ten cruises. The superior sute was extremenly spacious, with loads of storage. Even a walk-in closest!

My only two minor nits--first, while I know the cruise line will not do anything to harm sales, it would have been good to know that four of our days, either on the cruise of immediately after, were holidays (Orhtodox East Sunday, Orthodox East Monday, May Day in Itlay, and separate May Day in Greece. So I recommend that travellers check these before booking. Second, due to weather conditions, they had to swich from Taormina to Messina. But they did not do a good job of telling everyone the day bfore that the excurions were starting earlier. Foruntately, I happened to check the daily "newsletter" the night before, but they did not make a ship-wide announcement until breakfast that day, which would have been too late to make the excurions.

Port Reviews

Kusadasi

Unexpected gem. We went to Ephesus, a Roman colony still in the process of being excavated. As impressive as Pompeii. The optional Terrace Houses are not to be missed!

Naples

Great visit to Pompeii, but the guide seemed to be a bit rushed due to the crowds. Great pizza in Naples--Trattoira de Nuevo Castel.

Santorini

As beautiful as I imagined it. Just spectacular. Good excusrion through three cities, and very nice included lunch at a cliffside restaurant.

Athens (Piraeus)

Fantastic port. We stayed a few days on our own. The historical sites were great, as were the views and the food.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Seven Seas Splendor Cruise from $4,229

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.