Norwegian Star Review

Rebe U Cruiser
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2024

As a 40year old who has cruised multiple cruise lines, my first experience on a NCL boat makes me consider selling my NCL stock because as a shareholder I don’t believe NCL will be able to entice the next generation of cruisers with the way the operations are run.

• La Rochelle Port

o We had a private tour scheduled for La Rochelle that we missed 1hr of the 2.5hr tour because the shuttle bus was not sufficiently organized. The night before La Rochelle is when we saw in the paper handout that shuttle time needed to be reserved and paid for the night before. We received the paper handout after we returned from dinner ~9pm. So I immediately went down to excursions to book/pay my family shuttle tickets. The excursion desk was closed by the time I got down there (it was only open for 2hrs that night). I then went to customer service desk and they were unable to help. They said that “sometimes excursions leave them the shuttle sign up and sometimes they don’t”. I told them that we needed to be on the first shuttle to not miss our tour. They said there should be no concern as long as we show up to the shuttle station in the morning and tell someone from excursions we needed to be on first shuttle. They also told us that we could rely on calling an Uber at the last minute if we weren’t able to secure a shuttle. The next morning we found out these were both blatant lies and the service customer representative had no idea how it was actually going to work. We also heard the announcement from the cruise director in the morning that taxis would not be available either (this was not in the Freestyle Daily). The first shuttle the excursion team could put us on was for 10:00 (our private tour started at 9:00 which we would have made on the 8:30 shuttle). Also, we tried to call an uber but since the port was under security, the uber was not actually able to get to the port terminal. We ended up missing almost half of our private tour because of the disorganization of excursion shuttle, the blatant lie of a representative, and the lack of communication of how the shuttles worked in general. If they provided information on shuttles like they did for Cruise Next we would have been very well informed.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $821

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.