Oosterdam Review

Great first time experience of the Mediterranean

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Oosterdam
Prudenville_Dave
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024

I love the size of ship, decor, quality of food, cabin comfort, and overall quiet ambience that Holland America offers on their Vista class ships. There are no water parks, roller coasters, zip lines or amusement park rides which suits me just fine. The focus is on a quality learning experience and the ports of call. This was a very port intensive cruise with long shore excursion days and only one sea day. As such, I was not interested in any late night entertainment options. I dined at the Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Main Dining Room as well as the pop-up Cellar Master's and Morimito Seafood dinners. All were excellent. I had never been to any of these ports of call. Because this was the first Mediterranean cruise of the season for Oosterdam, the weather was a bit on the cool side, but sunny and warm enough for me. I enjoyed and learned quite a bit about each of the very interesting ports./.

Port Reviews

Kusadasi

The visit to Ephesus and St John's was amazing. The HAL "Best of Ephesus" tour was not. This was a 7 hour tour that effectively ended after 3.5 hours. The remainder of the day was spend at lunch and a carpet factory. The visit to Mother Mary's house is just a tourist trap and a waste of time.

There are much better private tours available at this amazing port.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $586

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.