Carnival Panorama Review

Set the bar real low if you decide to go!

Review for the Mexican Riviera Cruise on Carnival Panorama
IMADman
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children
Traveled with disabled person

This was definitely my last Carnival cruise. The other 2 were back in 2019 and both Caribbean. I took a chance that 5 years and a different ocean could be a different experience. We did have a good cruise, but it was because we had 3 awesome excursion days. I'm not going to beat them to death here, but there was literally nothing "good" on this boat except for our team in the main dining. Melinda was the probably the highlight of the on ship activities. My kids all hugged her on the final night and we all really did enjoy her company every night. We also had an excellent housekeeper and our room was spotless the entire time. We are a little spoiled living next to Grand Rapids and Saugatuck with lots of great places to eat. We didn't find anything on the ship to be very good or even just good. The pizza was a 7. Pizza being the #1 unhealthy food we weren't up for eating this everyday. If you're used to eating tuna helper and fast food this would probably feel like a good upgrade. If you like to drink all day long this might be a good choice. I don't have anything against trailer parks but it's a good way to describe a Carnival cruise. 3 stars is based largely on price, locations and the crew on the ship. Almost nothing along the lines of entertainment. Shows were nap times. The comics were not rated R they were definitely rated X and seemed to be trying to outdo one another along these lines. I'm not a prude at all but literally the entire show was about getting as obnoxious as possible about sex, or drugs.

Port Reviews

Mazatlan

Get off the boat here and at the very least walk out of the area close to the ship, find a place to eat and buy a souvenir. We all were very happy, had a great lunch at the Panama, but not one person knew english.. which made it even better. Walked the entire way and never felt unsafe. Went into a very small local bar that did not accept American and had a beer for roughly 2 dollars!. The people were friendly and we all agreed we will be returning to this port again in the future.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Panorama Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.