MSC Preziosa Review

To sail or not to sail Preziosa

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on MSC Preziosa
twoguyscruising
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

To sail MSC Preziosa or not to sail MSC Preziosa? We are on day 10 of our 24 day cruise from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Hamburg, Germany. First what do we like about MSC? The ship is beautiful and our one bedroom suite is very nice and comfortable. The live entertainment is very good. The staff have been very pleasant, especially in the dining room and our room steward. The food in the dinning room has been good and the food in the specialty pay restaurants was great! The wine selection is good, with a wide selection at reasonable prices. The thermal spa is a great way to relax and unwind from the crowds. The other nice benefit is all the really wonderful people we are meeting on this cruise.

Now what we do not like. The Buffett is terrible. The food is down right subpar, with the exception of the pizza which is very good, it is mostly mediocre at best to down right slop at worst. I feel that whoever is in charge of this venue needs to be replaced. In 41 cruises I can't remember a Buffett I disliked this much. The ship has a few minor wear and tear issues with carpet but mostly in good shape. The final issue is the only English speaking channel repeats 5 different movies. Now if an airplane can give me a selection of 100 movies plus I would think a ship carrying over 3500 Passengers could offer a lot more than we are receiving. I don't cruise to watch TV but this is really a let down.

That is my run down. So would we sail MSC again? Absolutely but we would probably choose a different ship.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Preziosa Cruise from $119

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.