Carnival Legend Review

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

My cabin steward, Jayson, was very kind and helpful to me. I told him that it was my very first Carnival cruise. He was been exceedingly helpful in satisfying all my requests, in organizing the bath towels and sneaking in an extra spa robe and only coming to clean later in the day if I wanted it. I inspected my cabin upon embarkation, and I asked him to explain how the balcony furniture worked and I had some special towel and spa rove requests and everything was handled in the first two days. He made me feel comfortable enough to know that I could relax in this room for the full cruise and didn’t need to change rooms. I really don’t like having people in my room and messing with my things, but I knew he had a job to do. He always had a cheerful attitude. I have a lot of information from the internet, the FunTimes mail, the Carnival HUB app, and it all is overwhelming, and he answered all my questions efficiently and quickly and with great enthusiasm.

I almost always felt the rocking motion of the ship, and there were creaks and groans in the corridors and common areas, but my cabin , level 7 in the center of the ship with an extended balcony, was quiet and I have no trouble sleeping.

Embarkation night, I tried the pizza. I found it on the undercooked and doughy side, which is sort of how guests from the Midwest would like it. Another day, I thought I’d give the pizza another try was watching Mr. Monojit, from India, hand toss the pizza crust, and I was so mesmerized by his expert handling that I decided to try it again. I suggested a slice that was under the heat lamp; but, he refused my suggestion and tossed those aside and grabbed a new pie directly out of the oven and cut it and served me two huge slices. It was good. The crust was on the crispy side. It wasn’t doughy like in the Midwest, and it wasn’t almost burnt like in New York, but somewhere closer to the New York style, and it was alright. If you are a true pizza connoisseur, then you most likely will be disappointed, but; for the typical passenger, from talking to other passengers, it was fine.

5 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a Carnival Legend Cruise from $518

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.