Enchanted Princess Review

Enchanted Princess - TRULY Enchanted!

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Enchanted Princess
hellfyrekat
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2024

We've cruised on Princess, Celebrity, Costa, Oceania, and Holland America, among others. Princess has always been our favorite, but they've really upped their game from great to outstanding - this cruise has Princess squarely at the top of our list. We moved to Platinum status after this cruise, and it was a real delight that this one is the one that got us there. The food was EXCELLENT. Highlights were the Amalfi Dining Room (every night we ate there was perfection), the Catch (amazing seafood, presentation & service, ate there twice!), the Crown Grill (phenomenal filet, service & Giovanni saw to our every need!), and the International Cafe - great for all things breakfast, and a different selection from the buffet. Especially loved the Princess sandwich (my long-time favorite), broccoli & cheese egg bites (life changing!!), doughnuts & specialty coffees (love the lavendar latte on ice & my hub's fave was the black forest frozen). Room was great, beds super comfy, including pillows, which I'm very picky about! Our steward was great, very friendly, and we had everything we needed. We're not that into the shows, but there were a couple of really good ones on this cruise that we thoroughly enjoyed! The RFID technnology is a Princess standout we've enjuoyed for years, and they continue to be way ahead of the crowd with their tech. We knew where every shipmate was throughout the trip, we never had to pull our fob out to open our door, everyone knew us by name, and my birthday celebration appeared every time I walked by a marquis - really great experience I FAR prefer over the other cruise lines that are still stuck in the mire of key cards and low-tech annoyances! Highly recommend going with the premium package, too, it buys you way more than just premium alcohol (a must if you're a Scotch drinker!), including specialty coffees, premium desserts, bottled water, unlimited casual dining (we wore out the sushi bar!), wifi for 4 devices, tips, 2 specialty dining meals, unlimited food delivery & room service, unlimited fitness classes - all very beneficial! Bit of a snafu with our bill at the end, but that's the only thing even remotely negative I have to say about this cruise. We've already booked our next one & looking forward to more of the same!

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Costa Maya can be a fun port when the ship is able to dock and isn't thwarted by high winds as it has been for us a couple of times in the past. We tried a different beach resort this time, it was just okay, but I would recommend La Chilangaloense instead - La Chilangaloense was just a better experience: better area of the beach, better food selection & quality, more fun for the money - their VIP includes round trip taxi, snorkel equipment, and a massage! We've also tried their cooking class, it's pretty basic (guacamole, salsa, margaritas) but it's a TON of fun, and the sisters that run the class and the place are absolutely great, we loved them and missed getting to see them this time!

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Enchanted Princess Cruise from $498

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.