Explora I Review

msidescooter
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
One of the four HUGE hot tubes
Grilled octopus from Med Yacht Club

Explora Journeys has set out to redefine luxury travel for the next generation, creating an experience for affluent travelers who want a luxury experience while being given plenty of options in a less stuffy atmosphere. During their fifth month of sailing, we spent eight nights traveling between Miami and Colon, Panama. Throughout the cruise, Explora met or exceeded every promise they set out to accomplish.

The food onboard Explora I is the best I've had at sea and rivals some of the best meals I've had on land. The steak in Marble & Co. was the first great steak I've had on a ship; high praise from someone who grew up in Nebraska. The other restaurants are just as well thought out, with creative menus while giving a healthy number of choices. One of my favorite parts of dining on Explora was the consistency between meals; each time I ordered my favorite dishes, they were prepared identically and presented just as artfully on each occasion.

Explora Journeys also talks about the ship's design being more hotel than cruise ship; I love this new approach and found the lounges functional, with plenty of seating and quick service from the hosts. There are plenty of deck chairs to lounge the sea days away, and the pools never felt crowded.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Explora I Cruise from $2,698

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.