S.S. Sphinx Review

Review for the Middle East Cruise on S.S. Sphinx
sfoley
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

My husband and I returned recently from our Egyptian tour with Uniworld. We cannot possibly say enough good things about this company. They were exceptional in every way! We were met as we got off the plane in Cairo by a Uniworld representative who guided us through the immigration process, secured our luggage and took us outside to a waiting vehicle and driver for our trip to the Four Seasons Hotel. We arrived after midnight so the next day we pretty much had to ourselves. The following morning there were 3 big Uniworld buses waiting and our adventure began! We visited the Egyptian Museum as well as the mosque of Mohammad Ali and the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization which houses the mummies. The next day we flew to Luxor and it was simply magic every day thereafter. Normally our boat would have 84 passengers but because of the conflict in Israel/Gaza many people had cancelled so they combined people from the Tosca with our group and there was 56 of us in total. What a great group of people!! Everyone mingled with everyone else and we all had a great time. I would like to make a huge shout out to our Egyptologist, Sabaa, who looked after our group (we were divided into 3 groups for the buses and we had 12 in our group with Sabaa leading as well as a driver). He was so very knowledgeable and imparted his wisdom on us by explaining everything in great detail. We did so many exciting things (Aswan, Abul Simbel, etc) that it would take me too much time to go through everything but suffice it to say that every day was different and equally wonderful. The staff on the Sphinx was absolutely wonderful and everyone went out of their way to ensure that guests were treated royally and nothing was overlooked. At the end of the journey Uniworld had a farewell dinner on the boat and on top of that they did a farewell dinner at the hotel prior to everyone leaving. Speaking of leaving, Uniworld made sure to take everyone to the airport and right up to the departure counters. I would also like to commend Uniworld for the fabulous entertainment on the boat. It was truly incredible. We can't possibly say enough good things about Uniworld and I must honestly say, it was perfection!! We are already planning our next trip with this company.

Port Reviews

Aswan

Aswan was a beautiful city. We would love to go back there.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a S.S. Sphinx Cruise from $5,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.