Scarlet Lady Review

1,191 reviews

good loot but hard to spend except on alc : /

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Scarlet Lady
JEMSH
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

My 10th cruise on 5 different lines; my 2nd time on Scarlet Lady. Last time I splurged on a suite on < 30% capacity sailing. This time, I got a sea terrace with lovely balcony and adequate room space but teeny, tiny bathroom. The biggest difference in my overall experience between last time and now: ship capacity was > 80% full. It is a gorgeous, modern ship. I like the technology - in-room ipad controls, VV app, complimentary basic wifi - but they could get glitchy. My husband got the upgraded wifi package and had great quality internet and wifi calling at sea. When the ship is less crowded, IMO the Agent, Richard's Rooftop access, etc seem kinda "extra". Oh how I wished we were rock stars this time! Non-rock star service was still consistently helpful, but finding seat/umbrella in public spaces onboard and at the beach club, dinner/workout/excursion reservations, lines for events- all very challenging! Loved the entertainment onboard- both quality and variety. Favs: Ohana Duo and Dual Reality. In general, the food is great and much better than most other cruise lines. So many fresh and healthy options, even for special diets. I prefer VV's absence of wasteful buffets and huge dining rooms and appreciate their commitment to no single use plastics. Unfortunately, The Wake disappointed me this time. My filet mignon was rather tough/gristly. No gf starters! Our server said my only option was a wedge salad without blue cheese- bleh. Even the the twice baked potato had (wheat) bechamel- why? I've never encountered so few gf options at a steakhouse. What should've been special was just meh. All other restaurants met or exceeded our expectations in terms of quality and variety. Fair bar prices and friendly service with little wait (s/o to Fern- loved starting every day with a smile and fresh juice!). The Splash of Romance package was very worthwhile. VV paradox: generous loot offers, but once onboard reservations are scarce making it hard to use loot for excursions or spa services. I wish we could've used some of our loot to book extras before getting onboard.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $829

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.