Enchantment of the Seas Review

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024
Traveled with children

I would only give this ship 1 star but because of the ports, our room attended and the crew in the casino I give it 3 stars. This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise. We have been on many Carnival ships and decided to join our daughter and family on Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately, the trip didn't start off well. We got to our room and soon as we opened the door to our room we were hit with a strong mold and mildew smell. We went directly down to customer service and was told they would send someone to put some bleach down the bathroom drains. We went back to the room after going to our muster station and the smell was still overwhelming. We closed the door and my husband noticed mold growth behind the door. The growth was black mold growing on the carpet and up the wall. He took a couple pictures and we went back down to customer service. We showed them the pictures and explained I could not stay in that room for 7 days. Just being in there for about 60 seconds my throat was already swelling closed. We asked to be moved to another room and we didn't care what room just get me out of that room. We were told the ship was full and there were no open rooms but check back after 5. We went to dinner and then went back to customer service and was told there still were no open rooms we could check back after we get to our first port (which was 2 days later) Unfortunately that was not going to work for me. I explained if I have to sleep in that room I would definitely be in the infirmary the next day. They said they would send someone to clean the carpet but that didn't do anything. Finally a supervisor said they had a room for us to switch to and we did move to another cabin. We never unpacked in the first room because I wasn't sleeping in there. I was very appreciative thinking they did me a favor but the next day I found out there were 200 vacant rooms. I don't understand why they gave us so much trouble when they knew there were available rooms. My first impression of Royal Caribbean was sad. I was really looking forward to it and it really was disappointing.

The only nice thing was the ports were great and our room guy and the casino crew were awesome. Just disappointed in the way we were treated about the room. As the pictures show it wasn't something we did and I wasn't asking to be upgraded Just a different room. I have never had a bad experience with cruising but will think twice before going Royal Caribbean again. Very sad how we were treated on our first Royal Caribbean cruise. Felt like they blamed us for the inconvenience. We even moved all our luggage to the new room never asked them to help. All I wanted was to be able to sleep in a room that wasn't going to make me sick. I hope they do better in the future and other people are not treated as if they were the problem.

On the other hand the dining room food was great and the service was fabulous. Our state room attended was fantastic and always friendly. The casino crew was outstanding and we had a blast with them. The shows were good and the comedian was so funny. Overall we had a great cruise just had a bad first impression with how we were treated about the room. The ship is small and not a lot of activities to do but the ports were fantastic!

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Enchantment of the Seas Cruise from $236

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.